The NSW Government has released the government’s response to a national report into compliance and enforcement in the building industry.
The government has indicated that many of the recommendations will be adopted, including the introduction of a “Building Commissioner”.
Recommendations focus on the following:
- registration and training of practitioners;
- roles and responsibilities of regulators;
- role of fire authorities;
- integrity of private building surveyors;
- collecting and sharing building information and intelligence;
- adequacy of documentation and record keeping;
- inspection regimes;
- post-construction information management;
- building product safety; and
- the appropriate and effective implementation of any changes.
Click below to read the report in full.